There are unique features and potential issues that can arise with online submissions versus mailing applications. The following are a few tips for successful online applications. The full article comes from the Queen’s University Career Services.
- Start early to avoid site traffic and online problems.
- Prepare in advance in order to successfully answer timed questions.
- Follow instructions carefully; for example, use the font style and size stated.
- Use keywords since some online applications are firstly screened through a digital filter.
- Read privacy policies to ensure your personal information is protected.
- Unless specifically instructed, do not send a paper copy.
- Save a copy of your online application.
- Record all passwords and usernames of online applications.
- Keep a detailed list of your online applications.