Want to build your online presence with ease? about.me is an online tool that can build your personal website, and it’s free.
Tag Archives: Online
While face-to-face interaction still remains the key to networking, nowadays succesfully developing your online reputation is also of vital importance. Below are five tips from Mack Male that will help you get started. The full article can be found here.
1. Look around to see what others are doing and develop ideas that you like.
2. Be deliberate and purposely with your online presence.
3. Make an impression by being unique and smart.
4. Stay active by updating regularly online.
5. Continue interacting in person with others.
With the wide spread and easy access of the internet, employers can now learn unprecedented information about employees, applicants and potential candidates. In a recent article posted on Open Forum, the author suggests ten simple and easy ways to manage your online profile. They are summarized below. The full article can be found here.
- Set up alerts to receive email notifications every time your name appears in new online content. See Google Alerts.
- Search yourself online.
- Ask a friend to search you online.
- Ask others to modify content about you on their websites.
- Be critical, careful and thoughtful of the content you put online.
- Every so often review your personal websites, blogs, Facebook account, Linkedin profile, etc. and remove or amend any information you feel is inappropriate and/or outdated.
- Create new, positive and current content about yourself on sites you personally manage.
- Link positive content amongst your personally managed sites, profiles and blogs.
- Ensure you own your own name on common sites such as Twitter.
- Update your privacy settings.